THE LACKAWAXEN RIVER CONSERVANCY SCHOLARSHIP
The Lackawaxen River Conservancy is made up of local residents, past and present, from Pike and Wayne Counties. It is an organization that is dedicated to the protection and preservation of the natural splendor of the Lackawaxen River, its watershed and wildlife.
The Lackawaxen River Conservancy Scholarship is open to all college-bound twelfth-grade students who
- attend school in the Lackawaxen Watershed. (The high schools in the Lackawaxen Watershed are Honesdale H. S., Wallenpaupack Area H.S., Western Wayne H. S., and Canaan Christian Academy H. S.)
- intend to pursue a career supporting environmental conservation
- plan to major in college in a subject area that will lead to the achievement of this career goal.
The amount of the award is $500.
- Completed student application
- Essay discussing an environmental issue of concern to applicant and why.
- School report and recommendation from counselor
- Official transcript including GPA.
- High school profile
- Recommendation from a science teacher
- Deadline: April 20, 2022
Submit complete application to school scholarship coordinator for return to:
The Lackawaxen River Conservancy
P.O. Box 176
Rowland, PA 18457
Information & Application